It's very nice to meet you, metaphorically speaking.
For my first post I will spend a little time introducing myself and how the name 'Dolaleigh' came to be.
My name is Leigh and I've been crafting for a good few years trying all sorts of things from card making, jewellery making, sewing, painting, polymer clay, knitting and my current favourite crochet.
Some might call me a crochet addict, so like some help groups advise, I have decided to share.
Yes, I have a compulsion to crochet and I often get this very odd feeling that I need to buy yarn I don't actually need when I see it, purely because I've seen it. And it's pretty. And it's soft/chunky/add any term which may apply. Ooh ply! And I don't have that colour. And I don't have any project in mind for it just yet. But I might have. One day. Hmmm.
I know there are other Yarnie Addicts out there who agree with me, although sometimes it can be hard to admit. But the thing with yarn is, it's a difficult addiction to hide, at least after a while. You can get away with a few balls or 'skeins' of it in a bag or under the bed, but after a very short while it seems to be propping up the walls of your house! It's almost as if there's been a colourful explosion of texture and fluff. See what I mean? ADDICT!!
Okay, I confess everything!
So, I thought the best way of explaining the quantity I'd gathered was by starting a small business. Everyone said it was a good idea and a great way of reducing my stock. Try selling some of your creations and we can have our house back. Those poor floorboards! The weight!
Yeah. No, that hasn't worked. And then there are the various tools which go with the yarn. Hooks of various sizes and materials, everywhere. Stitch markers, needles, sticky notes, freezer bags I use as project bags, row counter clicker things, rings you can wear to keep the yarn at the correct tension as you crochet, the spinning-around pole things you can put your yarn on so you don't have to keep tugging the end for more and then it falls on the floor and rolls off into the distance or worse, under the the settee. No!! The nightmares...
It goes on. The possibilities are endless.
So here I am, trying to justify myself and my crafting, my hobby, my addiction, my life.
Once again, welcome to the world of Dolaleigh.
You have been warned 😁
No comments:
Post a Comment